Disciplinary and grievance
Most performance problems can be resolved informally and swiftly in the workplace but there are occasions where a formal disciplinary approach is necessary and when handled without the benefit of HR support this can result in employment tribunals. No one wants it to come to this and we recommend following the Acas Code of Practice as closely as you can. However, should a formal workplace disciplinary be necessary and you want to minimise the risk of legal proceedings, we want to make sure that you’re prepared. Starfish People offers the best professional disciplinary and grievance advice and, if required, will personally prepare investigations and attend disciplinary and grievance cases.
- An aim for an investigation
- Guidance on the role of an investigator
- Gathering evidence correctly
- Advice on the process to follow for an investigation
- Attendance of and/or the production of letter for an investigatory/disciplinary meeting
- Advice on employee/employer rights
- Training /coaching relevant people on how to conduct grievance and disciplinary cases
“Wow… Helen is amazing. Was recommended by a friend. A true professional and provided me with some really good advice at a really diffcult time. There is no doubt her advice helped me to agree a settlement with my employer which was the result I wanted. If I have any HR issues I will most certainly use or recommend Helen again. Thank you so very much"
A client in Chichester, West Sussex, who needed advice and counsel on an employment contract dispute, May 2015